KchmViewer - a chm files viewer.
Kchmviewer is a chm files (MS HTML help file format) viewer.
The main advantage of KchmViewer is extended support for non-English
languages. KchmViewer in most cases correctly detects chm file encoding,
correctly shows tables of context of Russian, Korean, Chinese and
Japanese help files. It searches in non-English help files (albeit, the
search for MBCS languages - ja/ko/ch is still in progress.)
- Has support for TDEIO slave, TDEHTML and K*Widget.
optionally warns you before opening an external web page or switching
to another help file.
- Detects and shows encoding of any valid chm file.
- Shows non-English chm files, including cyrillic, chinese, japanese...
- Search in non-English chm files using chm built-in search index.
- Shows an appropriate image for every TOC entry.
- Has chm index support, including multiple index entries, cross-links
and parent/child entries in index.
- Persistent bookmarks support. Kchviewer stores the screen position
for every bookmark.
- For any opened chm files, stores the last opened window, search history,
bookmark history, font size, etc, so when you open this file again,
everything is on the last place.
- Has easy and powerful search-in-page support.
- Allows to increase or decrease the font size, so partially sighted
people can read texts easily.
- Has standard Back/Forward/Home navigation.
- Can print the opened pages on a standard printer (usually via CUPS).
- Has complex search query support.