Subject: looking for good hex dump utility...

From: "Dave Arnold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 18:10:31 -0700

hi,

can anyone recommend a good, simple hex dump utility that's
available with very portable source code in c/c++ or java which I can
build and use on any of the variety of GNU supported platforms?

I just want something that I can take with me from one computer
to the next as needed without having to find one for each platform
as I go.

Just would like be able to dump file contents and see hex and ascii
values line by line 16bytes at a time with byte address in hex next
to each line.

thanks,
/dAVe

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]

---

From: "Tim Prince" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 18:37:49 -0700

If od doesn't match your description, it might help if you would
clarify.

Tim Prince