Subject: arpa/nameser.h

From: Timothee Besset <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 16:05:03 -0500

I'm trying to port a nice IRC client to cygwin, originally written on 
FreeBSD, works fine on every unixes I've tried (FreeBSD, linux, IRIX and 
solaris).

But on cygwin it doesn't find the arpa/nameser.h header. Is there a reason 
why this one is missing? Is it replaced by another one? What should I do to 
work around the problem?

I found this thread in the archive: 
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/2000-05/msg00676.html but it doesn't 
have any follow ups..

regards

TTimo

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]

---

From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 17:16:17 -0400

On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 04:05:03PM -0500, Timothee Besset wrote:
>FreeBSD, works fine on every unixes I've tried (FreeBSD, linux, IRIX
>and solaris).
>
>But on cygwin it doesn't find the arpa/nameser.h header.  Is there a
>reason why this one is missing?  Is it replaced by another one?  What
>should I do to work around the problem?
>
>http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/2000-05/msg00676.html but it
>doesn't have any follow ups..

Most of the time when someone says "Why isn't this header available?"
the answer is pretty simple.  It just isn't there because no one has
contributed it.

The standard method for determining if another header has the needed
declarations would be to use "grep" to search for the declarations that
you are missing.

cgf

---

From: Timothee Besset <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 16:52:11 -0500

>the answer is pretty simple.  It just isn't there because no one has

I understand that .. I whish I had the skills and the time it takes to 
write that kind of headers. But I don't want to step into the nightmare of 
building cygwin from CVS .. I have enough trouble building my own apps 
without messing with the core of the system.

TTimo